REFLECTOR: engine break in

Louis Stedman stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Sun Jul 28 16:05:51 CDT 2013


Thanks Andy. This is why it gets so confusing. I was told by my A&P that we should use the mineral for the first 10 hours because it is a no detergent oil. Not sure what difference that makes. After the first 10 hours change the filter and then I could go back to my regular oil. 

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 28, 2013, at 1:19 PM, Andrew Ellzey <ajlz72756 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Lou,
> 
> This is what I am using, see attached photo. This oil is a mineral based oil, so you don,t have to know when the rings seat to change oil types, you just keep on flying. 
> 
> Andy Ellzey
> 
> <image.jpeg>
> 
> 
> 
> Sent from my iPhone
> 
> On Jul 27, 2013, at 10:32 PM, "Lou Stedman" <stedmanlou at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> 
>> I just had all four cylinders on my o-360 milled out 10/1000 and new pistons and rings. The engine only had 400 hours on it since major. One guy tells me to run my normal oil. Another tells me to run mineral oil. Another tells me to run mineral oil for ten hours and then go back to regular oil. Little confusing. I would welcome thoughts from the group. Thanks
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130728/27024412/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list