REFLECTOR: Fuel system design

Ron N Velocity XLFG VelocityXL at fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 17 16:41:11 CST 2012


Make sure you use large vent lines 1/4 tubes will not cut it. Been there don that.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Reiff Lorenz 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 2:10 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Fuel system design


   

  Reflector,

   

  I will want to start plumbing my fuel and vent system soon, but have many questions. I'd appreciate any advice you have.

   

  1.       Should I use aluminum tubing and flaired connections, as described in the plans? Or would flexible hoses & compression fittings work better? Are there other solutions? I'm looking for the easiest installation and maintenance.

  2.       For monitoring fuel flow: What brand of fuel flow sensor should I use? Should there be 2 separate sensors, one between each strake tank and the sump? (I will be installing a Continental 550, so there will be a fuel line to the engine and a fuel return from the engine.)

  3.       What's the best resource for learning how to bend/flair/connect/secure the fuel lines. I flipped through 2 of the Bingellis books and did not find much good information. I have not yet checked his engine books . . . maybe there's more info in those.

   

  Thanks for any help you can provide!

   

  Reiff Lorenz

  XL-RG, 30% done

  wings/canard/strakes/fuselage structure complete

  Still to do: install fuel system, controls, hydraulics, electrical system, engine, interior, avionics, sand, prime, paint, fly

   



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120217/7a4cfcfb/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list