REFLECTOR: Fuel system design
jerry at jlbent.com
jerry at jlbent.com
Fri Feb 17 17:17:26 CST 2012
Reiff,
If you would like some hands on training, I have Brett's flairing tool and
I'm not afraid to use it.
On another note, I suggest delaying the fuel line installation for a while.
With the RG gear the fuel lines can get banged up and may be in the way.
Beside, I don't recommend keeping an open system without really good air
filtration. Easier to just plug them.
Jerry Brainard
Jerry at JLBEnt.com
-------Original Message-------
From: Reiff Lorenz
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Fuel system design
Sent: Feb 17 '12 3:10pm
Reflector,
I will want to start plumbing my fuel and vent system soon, but have many
questions. I'd appreciate any advice you have.
1. Should I use aluminum tubing and flaired connections, as described
in the plans? Or would flexible hoses & compression fittings work better?
Are there other solutions? I'm looking for the easiest installation and
maintenance.
2. For monitoring fuel flow: What brand of fuel flow sensor should I
use? Should there be 2 separate sensors, one between each strake tank and
the sump? (I will be installing a Continental 550, so there will be a fuel
line to the engine and a fuel return from the engine.)
3. What's the best resource for learning how to
bend/flair/connect/secure the fuel lines. I flipped through 2 of the
Bingellis books and did not find much good information. I have not yet
checked his engine books . . . maybe there's more info in those.
Thanks for any help you can provide!
Reiff Lorenz
XL-RG, 30% done
wings/canard/strakes/fuselage structure complete
Still to do: install fuel system, controls, hydraulics, electrical system,
engine, interior, avionics, sand, prime, paint, fly
--------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector]
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html]
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120217/16a3f1d7/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list