REFLECTOR: Aeroquip fittings

doug.holub at tx.rr.com doug.holub at tx.rr.com
Thu Jun 26 13:19:25 CDT 2008


Thanks.
---- Al Gietzen <ALVentures at cox.net> wrote: 
> Doug;
> 
> There is no requirement for the flanges to meet.  Over-tightening can damage
> the fitting; especially aluminum.  The torque spec depends on what size
> you're dealing with; I don't know the numbers - just make it reasonably
> tight - don't damage it.
> 
> Al
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of doug.holub at tx.rr.com
> Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:29 AM
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Aeroquip fittings
> 
> Do I need to tighten the two parts of the AN816 fitting until the flanges
> meet, or until the threads are covered? I'm torqing it so hard I'm afraid
> I'm going to break something, and there's still a .070" gap between the
> flanges.
> 
> Doug Holub
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list