REFLECTOR: Kurt Winker requested photos - 400 HP Chevy
dean may
deanvmay at verizon.net
Fri Jun 13 14:45:31 CDT 2008
Dennis,
Where are you cooling the engine. I see some blue lines going out of the picture on the right. Are they going to the radiator, and if so, where have you placed the radiator?
Dean May
474MA
STGRG
----- Original Message -----
From: Dennis Martin
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 12:04 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Kurt Winker requested photos - 400 HP Chevy
Hi Kurt,
You asked me to attach a few photos of my V-6 application. Engine is robust and now has 2.5 hours static run-time mounted on the firewall - getting 400 HP in static test with Catto test prop. Not ready to fly quite yet. I'm still fussing with the FADEC system, all controlled by Halwin's Haltech EMS.
My only remaining engine problem is getting the throttle pump fine tuned between 1500 and 4000 RPMs. Engine stutters asking for fuel if you slam it to the firewall at lower RPMs. Like, if you're going around to avoid a deer on runway, you can't "stomp" on the throttle. I'm loading in a new fuel map this week, so we'll get this bug out soon I hope. I can't wait to start sanding for paint. I know, I know, painting's a pain, but I'm ready for a new challenge.
All the best,
Dennis Martin
FG Elite V-6 Injected Chevy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080613/5253486f/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list