REFLECTOR: Kurt Winker requested photos - 400 HP Chevy

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Fri Jun 13 17:15:03 CDT 2008


Hi Dennis-
 
Nice job on the V-6- 
just a question about the large amount of heat that will be produced by all
of that eshaust tubing inside of the cowling- have you done any testing with
that? I have just 2 simple 3 into 1 exhaust tubes on my Subaru going to an
up pipe to the turbo then exhausting out the top cowl, and it generates a
lot of heat when running- Iooks like you have at least 2 times the exhaust
that I have- do you intend to insulate or something? Probably would be fine
when flying, but on the ground might cause you some trouble.
 
Alex

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Dennis Martin
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 12:05 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Kurt Winker requested photos - 400 HP Chevy


Hi Kurt,

You asked me to attach a few photos of my V-6 application. Engine is robust
and now has 2.5 hours static run-time mounted on the firewall - getting 400
HP in static test with Catto test prop. Not ready to fly quite yet. I'm
still fussing with the FADEC system, all controlled by Halwin's Haltech EMS.


My only remaining engine problem is getting the throttle pump fine tuned
between 1500 and 4000 RPMs. Engine stutters asking for fuel if you slam it
to the firewall at lower RPMs. Like, if you're going around to avoid a deer
on runway, you can't "stomp" on the throttle. I'm loading in a new fuel map
this week, so we'll get this bug out soon I hope. I can't wait to start
sanding for paint. I know, I know, painting's a pain, but I'm ready for a
new challenge.

All the best,
Dennis Martin
FG Elite V-6 Injected Chevy 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080613/deb9256f/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list