REFLECTOR: Kurt Winker requested photos - 400 HP Chevy

Dennis Martin dennis.doc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 12:04:58 CDT 2008


Hi Kurt,

You asked me to attach a few photos of my V-6 application. Engine is robust
and now has 2.5 hours static run-time mounted on the firewall - getting 400
HP in static test with Catto test prop. Not ready to fly quite yet. I'm
still fussing with the FADEC system, all controlled by Halwin's Haltech EMS.


My only remaining engine problem is getting the throttle pump fine tuned
between 1500 and 4000 RPMs. Engine stutters asking for fuel if you slam it
to the firewall at lower RPMs. Like, if you're going around to avoid a deer
on runway, you can't "stomp" on the throttle. I'm loading in a new fuel map
this week, so we'll get this bug out soon I hope. I can't wait to start
sanding for paint. I know, I know, painting's a pain, but I'm ready for a
new challenge.

All the best,
Dennis Martin
FG Elite V-6 Injected Chevy
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080613/03f6cde5/attachment-0001.htm 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Chevy Odd-Fire Injected V-6.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 57229 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080613/03f6cde5/attachment-0004.jpg 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Dry Sump Plumbing + Silicon Coolant Hoses.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 75095 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080613/03f6cde5/attachment-0005.jpg 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Static Tested @ 400 HP with Catto Prop.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 64702 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080613/03f6cde5/attachment-0006.jpg 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Tuned Exhaust.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 73814 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080613/03f6cde5/attachment-0007.jpg 


More information about the Reflector mailing list