REFLECTOR: PK Screws for Door Damper Bracket
Keith Hallsten
KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Thu Feb 7 22:53:56 CST 2008
Thanks, Ken! #10 x 1" Flat-Head Zinc-Plated Sheet Metal Screws it is! My
local Ace Hardware has them in Philips drive.
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of KMis178813 at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 6:27 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: PK Screws for Door Damper Bracket
Keith
I checked my kit and they are 10 X 1 flat head sheet metal screws (80207
?). They are NOT 100 degree screws and my countersunk holes, match the
screws. Good Luck.
Ken
In a message dated 2/7/2008 9:17:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
KeithHallsten at quiknet.com writes:
I meant than the countersinking appears to be 100 degrees, not 37 degrees!
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Keith Hallsten
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 5:35 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: PK Screws for Door Damper Bracket
I was going to mount the angle brackets to the doors today. The manual says
to use "PK Screws". No hint as to diameter, length, head style, material,
finish, or part number. I searched through my fasteners, but did not find
any "PK Screws". The materials list for the chapter does not list any,
either.
The brackets are countersunk, so I surmise that either flat head or oval
head screws are intended.
Upon arriving back at home, a Google search reveals that PK Screws are sheet
metal screws, and are available in many combinations of diameter, length,
material, finish and head style. Does anyone know what part is actually
intended so that I can order some? Since the countersinking seems to be 37
degrees, I don't suppose that I can find any locally.
Thanks!
Keith Hallsten
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_____
Who's never won? Biggest
<http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp0030000
0002548> Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20080207/5a46525d/attachment-0001.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list