REFLECTOR: control stick
Alex Balic
velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Wed Nov 21 13:35:55 CST 2007
Hey Joe-
Can you please describe the functions of the relay boards that you have
attached to that stick? I have an infinity stick also, and used a 3
position switch on the left of the hat to give the hat 3 different
functions- I have a single relay board that does that, I see that you have 3
boards, and I am curious as to what they are controlling...
Alex
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Joe Ewen
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:10 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: control stick
Hi Lou,
I am not flying yet, but when assembling my stick, I had heard discussion
about slop in the stick. I made a couple of parts that seem to effectively
eliminate the slop. That said I have to say it is not yet stood the test of
time. Attached are a couple of pics. The first of the parts, the second is
one of the parts installed on the stick. The sliding surfaces are polished
with P-600 and the washer is Teflon. The Teflon washer should be the only
wear item.
Joe
----- Original Message -----
From: Lou <mailto:stedmanlou at adelphia.net> Stedman
To: Reflector Velocity <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 5:41 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: control stick
I have developed a bit of slop in my control stick, about 1/4" at the top of
the stick. I have traced the problem to wear between the control stick and
the torque tube. My bird is one of the early models so I expect this is not
a uncommon situation. Short of replacing the stick and/or the tube, is there
a better fix? I had thought about using a tapered pin but with the for and
aft movement of the stick, I don't think that would work. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.
Lou Stedman
Velocity N7044Q
Olean, NY
_____
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071121/5e6c02be/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list