REFLECTOR: control stick

Joe Ewen Jewen at comporium.net
Wed Nov 21 17:54:38 CST 2007


Hi Alex,
The board on the left is a relay board for the 8 switches on the stick (4 hat and 4 independent.)  The wiring in the stick used one common for all switches.  Since the switches are used for different functions (circuits) I built the relay board to provide isolation between circuits.  Hat switch is tied to the trims.  The other 4 switches functions are 1.Press To Talk, 2.Alarm system acknowledge, 3.Computer menu select / computer checklist item acknowledge, 4. AP disconnect/GA (GA=climb attitude, heading and auto throttle up.)  Functions 3 and 4 are dependant upon the selected mode in the computer system.

The other 2 boards are pitch and roll trim.  Each trim board can be selected to use either the hat switch or an alternate trim input.  I installed a series of push buttons and selector switches on the panel as alternate inputs for the trim.  The alternate function allows only the primary or the alternate switches to be active, in the event of a stuck switch that group can be isolated so trim functions can still be maintained. The trim board also provides dynamic braking of the trim motors.

Joe
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Alex Balic 
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
  Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 2:35 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: control stick


  Hey Joe-

  Can you please describe the functions of the relay boards that you have attached to that stick?  I have an infinity stick also, and used a 3 position switch on the left of the hat to give the hat 3 different functions- I have a single relay board that does that, I see that you have 3 boards, and I am curious as to what they are controlling...

   

  Alex

   


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Joe Ewen
  Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:10 AM
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: control stick

   

  Hi Lou,

   

  I am not flying yet, but when assembling my stick, I had heard discussion about slop in the stick.  I made a couple of parts that seem to effectively eliminate the slop.  That said I have to say it is not yet stood the test of time.  Attached are a couple of pics.  The first of the parts, the second is one of the parts installed on the stick.  The sliding surfaces are polished with P-600 and the washer is Teflon.  The Teflon washer should be the only wear item.

   

  Joe

    ----- Original Message ----- 

    From: Lou Stedman 

    To: Reflector Velocity 

    Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 5:41 PM

    Subject: REFLECTOR: control stick

     

    I have developed a bit of slop in my control stick, about 1/4" at the top of the stick. I have traced the problem to wear between the control stick and the torque tube. My bird is one of the early models so I expect this is not a uncommon situation. Short of replacing the stick and/or the tube, is there a better fix? I had thought about using a tapered pin but with the for and aft movement of the stick, I don't think that would work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

     

    Lou Stedman
    Velocity N7044Q
    Olean, NY


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071121/9ebfb619/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list