REFLECTOR: control stick

Ron Brown romott at roadrunner.com
Wed Nov 21 07:41:25 CST 2007


The new control stick is shown in the online manuals.  http://www.velocityaircraft.com/manuals/06_EGR.pdf page 6-20 for the Elite.  

I had made an extra control stick when I was toying around with handles for the stick.  A friend with a welder made the mod to add the extra strap.  Works good, but there is still a bit of slop in the stick pivot.  But it is not really noticeable when flying.

Ronnie


  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Joe Ewen 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:10 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: control stick


  Hi Lou,

  I am not flying yet, but when assembling my stick, I had heard discussion about slop in the stick.  I made a couple of parts that seem to effectively eliminate the slop.  That said I have to say it is not yet stood the test of time.  Attached are a couple of pics.  The first of the parts, the second is one of the parts installed on the stick.  The sliding surfaces are polished with P-600 and the washer is Teflon.  The Teflon washer should be the only wear item.

  Joe
    ----- Original Message ----- 
    From: Lou Stedman 
    To: Reflector Velocity 
    Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 5:41 PM
    Subject: REFLECTOR: control stick


    I have developed a bit of slop in my control stick, about 1/4" at the top of the stick. I have traced the problem to wear between the control stick and the torque tube. My bird is one of the early models so I expect this is not a uncommon situation. Short of replacing the stick and/or the tube, is there a better fix? I had thought about using a tapered pin but with the for and aft movement of the stick, I don't think that would work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Lou Stedman
    Velocity N7044Q
    Olean, NY


----------------------------------------------------------------------------


    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071121/6c1476c6/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list