REFLECTOR: structural adhesive and milled glass?

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Wed Jul 18 03:40:38 CDT 2007


Well said, John.
SB

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "John Tvedte" <johnt at comp-sol.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:39 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: structural adhesive and milled glass?


Well- the 'grey goo' (structural adhesive tends to flow quite a bit - hence 
the cabo to thicken it -

The milled glass is fine to add - but won't have the same effect as the 
cabo - it is also heavy -  however,   I'd suggest you always plan on adding 
some milled glass to the grey goo when doing true structural glass to glass 
layups - gluing the strakes is a perfect example.  Flox is lumpy and messy - 
but lighter although not as strong.  Cabo will give you a nice cake frosting 
type mix.  Also on the strakes I would suggest a skim coat on the strake and 
a thicker coat on the spar -

If it were me -  I'd wait until I could get some cabo.  I highly recommend 
the grey goo for the strakes.

John


________________________________

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org on behalf of Douglas Holub
Sent: Tue 7/17/2007 8:59 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: structural adhesive and milled glass?


The plans say to glue the strakes to the center section spar using 
structural adhesive and cabosil or EZ-poxy and flox. I don't have any 
cabosil and I want to attach the strake bottoms tomorrow. Would stuctural 
adhesive and milled glass be good?

Doug Holub



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 



More information about the Reflector mailing list