REFLECTOR: structural adhesive and milled glass?

John Tvedte johnt at comp-sol.com
Tue Jul 17 22:39:31 CDT 2007


Well- the 'grey goo' (structural adhesive tends to flow quite a bit - hence the cabo to thicken it - 
 
The milled glass is fine to add - but won't have the same effect as the cabo - it is also heavy -  however,   I'd suggest you always plan on adding some milled glass to the grey goo when doing true structural glass to glass layups - gluing the strakes is a perfect example.  Flox is lumpy and messy - but lighter although not as strong.  Cabo will give you a nice cake frosting type mix.  Also on the strakes I would suggest a skim coat on the strake and a thicker coat on the spar - 
 
If it were me -  I'd wait until I could get some cabo.  I highly recommend the grey goo for the strakes.
 
John
 

________________________________

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org on behalf of Douglas Holub
Sent: Tue 7/17/2007 8:59 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: structural adhesive and milled glass?


The plans say to glue the strakes to the center section spar using structural adhesive and cabosil or EZ-poxy and flox. I don't have any cabosil and I want to attach the strake bottoms tomorrow. Would stuctural adhesive and milled glass be good?
 
Doug Holub
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 4297 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070717/27cbce13/attachment-0001.bin 


More information about the Reflector mailing list