REFLECTOR: Incident/Accident

davedent at comcast.net davedent at comcast.net
Thu Aug 23 15:22:48 CDT 2007


Re: REFLECTOR: Incident/AccidentBy the way Tom I had both Light Speeds fail on the Cozy.  The system boards have solder mounted components and in both cases the computer boards failed.  Then I had both holograph units fail no more then 20 hrs apart.  The aluminum swiper bar with the small rear earth magnet broke at the center where the nut holds it to the shaft.  It is way to soft and side area on each side of the shaft is to thin.  All but one coil failed.  I junked both systems and went back to mags.  Claus only gave us $1000 back for both units and he even kept the drive gears. ($280 ea)  I would not buy another system or anything he sells again.  Sorry but that's the way things work in this community.  It's very small and things travel fast.  
Dave
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Tom Martino 
  To: Velocity List 
  Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:49 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Incident/Accident


  By the way ... Mack ... I  had the MT hub examined.  In this prop ... A loss of oil pressure would've meant high RPM (low pitch).  It takes pressure to keep the blades pitched.

  I also verified that all Airworthiness Directives had been complied with for this engine.

  There was no loss of oil or fuel pressure.  Just loss of spark (see my earlier posting).

  Thanks for your ideas!

  Tom


  On 8/19/07 9:45 AM, "MMurp16900 at aol.com" <MMurp16900 at aol.com> wrote:


    HI Dave
    I agree with all of your statements as  why toms prop went in to high pitch.
    I think my M.T prop is set up for High governor pressure high pitch? We are unsure how toms prop was set up.If it was set up for low pressure feather then I think about The front main barring turning in the engine case or the engine oil pump.AD not complied with.
    Regards
     Mack




----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com <http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour/?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000982> .


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html





------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070823/52797e3e/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list