REFLECTOR: Ready to fly

Jack Sheehan jsheehan at ncam-sats.org
Wed Nov 8 13:41:16 CST 2006


Scott,
Sorry to hear you are having problems with getting the VM1000 from JPI.
I don't know anything about your order etc but I know Lance the previous owner
and he is a stand up guy and a homebuilder himself.
He would not have anything to do with sandbagging a customer. I would 
look hard at the
JPI folks who have ownership now.

Jack
N55XL
I At 10:37 AM 11/8/2006, you wrote:
>Its moving along though as most of our projects slower than expected.
>Painting is mostly done though I will need to repaint one wing, which
>I've deferred to next spring because of the colder temps and no heated
>place to paint.  The cold weather will slow all the other work too...
>Jan & Feb can be awful cold on a unheated hanger!
>
>I'm working on re-plumbing the fuel system, upper deck pressure and also
>the oil system.  All are much more complicated in a turbo system
>compared to a normally aspirated engine.   The fuel and upper deck
>pressure are almost done and I'm starting on the oil system this week.
>Once thats done the engine is ready for first start..
>
>Except I've ran into a bit of a snag with Vision Micro Systems.  I
>ordered a new VM1000C in early July.  I was told 4 to 6 weeks delivery
>even though the  ads say "In Stock" for immediate delivery.  I called in
>September and was told they had moved to Texas and now my new delivery
>date was going to be in December.   I called a couple of days ago and
>asked if I was still going to get my system in December and they said
>they had no record of my order!  I need to dig up my order confirmation
>letter or I will be pushed to the back of the line in backed up
>deliveries...  It seems that when JPI bought Vision the old owners might
>have pulled some shenanigans with orders and records during the last few
>months(when I placed my order)... At least thats what is implied by
>JPI.  All I know is the transition to being run by JPI has really
>screwed things up. I think it will get worked.
>
>Not that I don't have numerous other little thing to get done.  New
>battery box and wiring for secondary battery,  new Strong Pitch Trim
>system to install, new cabin heater to install, modify both upper and
>lower cowls, build P51 scoop for intercooler and turbo.....
>
>Scott
>
>Andy Millin wrote:
> > Scott,
> >
> > How is the plane coming?  It has been sounding as though you 
> could be in the
> > air any time now.
> >
> > Andy
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> >
>--
>
>-
>     What county can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not 
> warned from time to time that its people preserve the spirit of resistance.
>
>     Thomas Jefferson
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list