REFLECTOR: Op. Limitations & AW cert.
Laurence Coen
lwcoen at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 8 21:08:26 CST 2006
Dave,
When my Airworthiness Certificate was issued it came with the operating
limitations, some of which were phase I limitations. When Phase I is
complete the Phase I limits no longer apply but all else does and there is
no reason to issue a new set of operating limitations. My original
operating limitations also will accommodate major alterations and details
the necessary procedures. You should have only one operating limitations
document and the date should match the date on the Airworthiness Certificate
since it is part and parcel of the issuance of the Airworthiness
Certificate.
Larry Coen
N136LC
SE/RG Franklin/IVO
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Philipsen" <velocity at davebiz.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 7:04 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Op. Limitations & AW cert.
> Question for the group:
>
> I just applied for and received authorization for a new "N" number. The
> FAA tells me that I need to go to the FSDO to get an Airworthiness
> Certificate issued with the new registration. I send all of the
> paperwork to the FSDO and the lady calls me and tells me that the date
> on my current operating limitations does not match the date on my AW
> certificate. The AW certificate was apparently issued with the Phase I
> operating limitations. She says that a new AW certificate should have
> been issued with my Phase II operating limitations. Is that correct?
> She has told me that I now have to submit an application for a new AW
> certificate and that I'll be getting the "new" operating limitations
> with it. Is she feeding me a line or the truth?
>
> --
> Dave Philipsen
> Velocity STD-FG
> N83DP
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list