REFLECTOR: Ready to fly
Andy Millin
amillin at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 8 09:58:51 CST 2006
Good to hear your are making progress.
Sorry to hear about the frustrations with Vision. On a side note, my buddy
Carlos took a job with Grand Rapids Technologies. He is re-writing their
manuals now and is transitioning to be their customer support guy. If you
are interested, I'm sure he could get you setup with GRT. I know you wanted
TIT and possibly some other turbo related monitoring.
Andy
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 10:37 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Ready to fly
Its moving along though as most of our projects slower than expected.
Painting is mostly done though I will need to repaint one wing, which I've
deferred to next spring because of the colder temps and no heated place to
paint. The cold weather will slow all the other work too...
Jan & Feb can be awful cold on a unheated hanger!
I'm working on re-plumbing the fuel system, upper deck pressure and also the
oil system. All are much more complicated in a turbo system
compared to a normally aspirated engine. The fuel and upper deck
pressure are almost done and I'm starting on the oil system this week.
Once thats done the engine is ready for first start..
Except I've ran into a bit of a snag with Vision Micro Systems. I ordered a
new VM1000C in early July. I was told 4 to 6 weeks delivery even though the
ads say "In Stock" for immediate delivery. I called in September and was
told they had moved to Texas and now my new delivery
date was going to be in December. I called a couple of days ago and
asked if I was still going to get my system in December and they said they
had no record of my order! I need to dig up my order confirmation letter or
I will be pushed to the back of the line in backed up deliveries... It
seems that when JPI bought Vision the old owners might have pulled some
shenanigans with orders and records during the last few months(when I placed
my order)... At least thats what is implied by JPI. All I know is the
transition to being run by JPI has really screwed things up. I think it will
get worked.
Not that I don't have numerous other little thing to get done. New battery
box and wiring for secondary battery, new Strong Pitch Trim system to
install, new cabin heater to install, modify both upper and lower cowls,
build P51 scoop for intercooler and turbo.....
Scott
Andy Millin wrote:
> Scott,
>
> How is the plane coming? It has been sounding as though you could be
> in the air any time now.
>
> Andy
>
> _______________________________________________
>
--
-
What county can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned
from time to time that its people preserve the spirit of resistance.
Thomas Jefferson
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check
new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list