REFLECTOR: battery

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Wed Feb 1 19:52:11 CST 2006


For building, probably the cheapest Wallmart/Autozone type battery you 
can find would be your best bet.

For flying I think the Odyssey out performs any other battery for the 
price.  In starting in low temps and deep cycling, it can't be beat.

http://www.portablepower.com/products/slabatteries/Odyssey.asp

I have a PC925 in my plane. Since I don't fly in combat I use the 
regular jacketed model., if your anticipating flack or shrapnel get the 
metal jacked one!

Scott

Grigore Rosu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a new builder of a SEFG (fast-built) and I have already finished 
> the speed brake and the control system (most of it in the head start 
> program). Now I'd like to try the speed brake actuator as well as the 
> trim (the one in the fin of the keel).  Therefore, it looks like I 
> need to buy a battery.  Which one to buy?  Are there any suggested 
> batteries for experiments during building?  I guess building will take 
> several years, so I may want to buy another battery anyway for the 
> final installation ...
>
> Also, I see that the trim has only two wires going out, a black and a 
> red one.  Should I just swap the + and - to get the two different 
> rotation directions?  And since I am at the silly questions, should I 
> get a 6V or a 12V battery?
>
> Thank you,
> Grigore
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>


More information about the Reflector mailing list