REFLECTOR: battery

Sid Knox sbjknox at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 1 20:37:27 CST 2006



> For building, probably the cheapest Wallmart/Autozone type battery you can 
> find would be your best bet.
>
> For flying I think the Odyssey out performs any other battery for the 
> price.  In starting in low temps and deep cycling, it can't be beat.
>
> http://www.portablepower.com/products/slabatteries/Odyssey.asp
>
> I have a PC925 in my plane. Since I don't fly in combat I use the regular 
> jacketed model., if your anticipating flack or shrapnel get the metal 
> jacked one!
>
> Scott

IMHO you can't get a better battery than an Odyssey.  I am using two... one 
in my Velocity and one in my Starduster.  They can't leak; you can mount 
them in any orientation; they don't self-discharge over months of non-use; 
if you run them dead by accidentally leaving something turned on, they are 
not damaged (like flooded cell batterys).  If you treat them right (follow 
the charging guidlines), they will last for many years.
I got mine from WestCoastBatteries.
 http://www.odysseybatteries.com/
Both are the PC925.  Caution!!  they are available in two terminal 
arrangements (as are most batterys) so be sure you decided on which side you 
want the POS and NEG terminals before you order.
Either the web site Scott provided or the WestCoast site has a wealth of 
information on the Odyssey.

Sid Knox
Oklahoma

Velocity    N199RS
Starduster  N666SK
KR2         N24TC
W7QJQ



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060201/23858baa/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list