REFLECTOR: FG vs. RG thing

RICHARD J VANDERSTEEN rvandersteen at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 28 19:34:23 CDT 2006


Hello Pat,  That is a nice picture but I have a
question.  I think I see a trailing edge blade, is
that correct?  If so would you share the dimensions
and locations on the wing?  Would you have any info on
before and after (speed, flying characteristics)?
Richard Vandersteen XL-RG

--- Pat Shea <xl340hp at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Len,
> 
> I was about to reply when I read Andy's post on the
> pros and cons of each model which I thought was
> perfect. I had nothing to add. Let me know if you
> have
> any specific questions - i have 150 hrs on my XLRG.
> 
> Since you've decided to stick with the RG and all,
> for
> motivation I've attached a pic of how you'll look
> one
> day doing a high speed low pass!
> 
> Funny side story: my wife and I flew up to Fox field
> on Saturday to take some pics and visit Craig
> Woolston
> and John Schoorl who are just about to fly their
> XLFG-5. Their plane looks great and you can see the
> excitement on their faces. Kevin and Brooke Steiner
> happened to be there with their Velocity, Deception.
> I
> had previously only seen their plane in pictures
> which
> don't do it justice - it's truly spectacular. Oh,
> and
> Jorge and Ygebor Bujanda (also XLFG builders) were
> there too! Small world.
> 
> Pat    
> 
> --- len.baxter at gm.com wrote:
> 
> > 
> > Andy
> > 
> > Thanks for your input and thanks to all the others
> > who took time to
> > comment.
> > 
> > Conclusions???   The response was particulaly
> lively
> > from the FG crowd.....
> > I would have hoped to hear more from the RG crowd
> (
> > particularly those
> > flying for a while).    When you take everything
> > into account , it is truly
> > a personal preference.    I will stay with my kit
> as
> > ordered..... XLRG.  To
> > me, the added complexity is not overwellming ( at
> > least not yet ) as I am
> > very comfortable with mechanical things.  The
> added
> > build time and cost is
> > signifigant , but so is the whole project.
> > 
> > 
> > Len Baxter
> 
> 
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
> protection around 
> http://mail.yahoo.com >
_______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list