REFLECTOR: FG vs. RG thing

Velocity_AZ velocity_az at cox.net
Mon Aug 28 16:46:36 CDT 2006


Pat - 

Thanks - that's some rocket you built there!

Kevin 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Pat Shea
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 2:31 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: FG vs. RG thing

Len,

I was about to reply when I read Andy's post on the pros and cons of each
model which I thought was perfect. I had nothing to add. Let me know if you
have any specific questions - i have 150 hrs on my XLRG.

Since you've decided to stick with the RG and all, for motivation I've
attached a pic of how you'll look one day doing a high speed low pass!

Funny side story: my wife and I flew up to Fox field on Saturday to take
some pics and visit Craig Woolston and John Schoorl who are just about to
fly their XLFG-5. Their plane looks great and you can see the excitement on
their faces. Kevin and Brooke Steiner happened to be there with their
Velocity, Deception. I had previously only seen their plane in pictures
which don't do it justice - it's truly spectacular. Oh, and Jorge and Ygebor
Bujanda (also XLFG builders) were there too! Small world.

Pat    

--- len.baxter at gm.com wrote:

> 
> Andy
> 
> Thanks for your input and thanks to all the others who took time to 
> comment.
> 
> Conclusions???   The response was particulaly lively
> from the FG crowd.....
> I would have hoped to hear more from the RG crowd ( particularly those
> flying for a while).    When you take everything
> into account , it is truly
> a personal preference.    I will stay with my kit as
> ordered..... XLRG.  To
> me, the added complexity is not overwellming ( at least not yet ) as I 
> am very comfortable with mechanical things.  The added build time and 
> cost is signifigant , but so is the whole project.
> 
> 
> Len Baxter


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com 



More information about the Reflector mailing list