REFLECTOR:Franklin fuel pumps

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:23:02 -0600


Mike,
Is there a document that specifies using the old gear?  My maintenance 
log shows that my pump was replaced per IAW AD 2002-18-51 and IAW 
Bulletin Nol PZL-F/72/2002.  It also mentions removing fuel pump drive 
P/N 2611026.  Can you tell from this information whether the old gear 
was used?
Also, an A&P signed off.  Is there a way I can track him down to verify 
that the old gear was used?

Thanks,
John

mike deeter wrote:

>
>2.  I went thru the whole fuel pump problem.  First,
>check to see whether Franklin owes the previous owner
>a new fuel pump.  PZL sent me one for free.  It works
>great....however, then they said there was a metal
>hardness mismatch between the new gear on the pump and
>the internal engine gears.  At least I think that's
>what their Polish-translated-to-English meant.  The
>fix was to press the gear off the old, membrane-type
>pump and swap it out with the gear on the new,
>vane-type pump.  
>
>  
>