REFLECTOR:Panel warning/indicatorlights

Al Gietzen reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:12:50 -0700


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C426C0.097CB2C0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have a total of about 11 green, yellow, and red indicator lights on my
panel design for various alerts and circuit indicators.  I'd appreciate =
some
input on what to use.  Seems LEDs would be the way to go - less likely =
to
burn out then lamps.  Being electronically challenged in certain areas, =
I'd
have a hard time choosing from all the LEDs in the Digikey catalog.  Is
there a type that takes 12v, or do I need resisters in series, or a
transformer.

=20

BTW; they are set up so none of them are on when in normal flight =
status. =20

=20

Thanks,

=20

Al


------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C426C0.097CB2C0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">


<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)">

<style>
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:Verdana;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Nimrod;
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 1 2 2 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:Nimrod;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 62.3pt 1.0in 62.3pt;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>

</head>

<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>I have a total of about 11 green, yellow, and red
indicator lights on my panel design for various alerts and circuit =
indicators.&nbsp;
I&#8217;d appreciate some input on what to use.&nbsp; Seems LEDs would =
be the
way to go &#8211; less likely to burn out then lamps.&nbsp; Being
electronically challenged in certain areas, I&#8217;d have a hard time =
choosing
from all the LEDs in the Digikey catalog.&nbsp; Is there a type that =
takes 12v,
or do I need resisters in series, or a transformer.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>BTW; they are set up so none of them are on when in =
normal
flight status.&nbsp; </span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>Thanks,</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>Al</span></font></p>

</div>

</body>

</html>

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C426C0.097CB2C0--