REFLECTOR:Vance's Sight Gauges
Fred Marconi
reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 23:24:45 -0400
Craig:
Try the five minute epoxy with balloon mixed in it to make a paste. You can
also use the west system epoxy with balloon mixed in it. I believe I used
the latter and it worked fine.
In any event you first glue the white base to the plane and drill your hole,
or drill your hole and use a guide to match the holes and glue the base to
the plane. I used the West system epoxy. Then you can glue the clear
bubble cover with the west system epoxy making sure that it does not extend
to the inside when you press the two together. Now you can add excess to
seal the ends. You now reinforce with a layer of fine bid over the edges
and overlapping the base of the clear .
Good luck,
Fred
N244FM
----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig and/or Denise Woolston" <cdwoolston@earthlink.net>
To: "reflector" <reflector@awpi.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 4:55 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR:Vance's Sight Gauges
> For those that have Vance's sight gauges, what did you use to glue the
clear
> plastic bubble to the white base? I tried Velocipoxy with flox and
roughed
> the surface with 220 and got very poor adhesion (I just popped them loose
> with very little effort). Mostly I believe because of poor contact
> pressure. Was curious how others had done what Vance describes as such
any
> easy process.
>
> Craig
>
> !----------------------------!
> ! Craig Woolston !
> ! XL-FG in Palmdale, CA !
> ! cdwoolston@earthlink.net !
> !----------------------------!
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html