REFLECTOR:Panel Planner

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 18:57:43 -0400


This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C37593.7248EF50
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="windows-1252"

Ronnie,
 
I saw the Panel Planner on the web and it sounded GREAT!  I can't believe
they would resort to over-selling and over-hyping a product....I'm shocked.
Actually, with everything digitized and scaled and all, the Panel Planner
idea seems like it should be a good one.  Maybe execution wasn't as
enthusiastically pursued as the prosecution.
 
I think I'll give your cut-and-paste idea a try.  Is there any chance you
have the file for the Velo panel template that you'd share with a beggar
that's just over the hills to your west?
 
Chuck, in East Tennessee in weather ideally suited for IFR.
 
 
 -----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of
Ronnie Brown
Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2003 4:56 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Panel Planner



I have heard several people say the Panel Planner software  ($199) is pretty
lousy,  Not very accurate information or drawings.  
 
There was an online panel planner but I can't find it now. 
 
I used Turbo Cad - there was a free version at their web site -
http://www.imsisoft.com/free/ <http://www.imsisoft.com/free/>  .  
 
I used a combination of info from Aircraft Spruce on standard instrument
sizes, manufacturer's literature on the internet, manuals, brochures, for
avionics, etc. sizes. I even downloaded color photos which I was able to
print out and stick to the panel.  I was able to print out very accurate
layout drawings, in color to lay out over my blank panel to practice with
layouts, man/machine interface, ease of use, etc.  Then I used printouts of
my final layouts, taped to the panel to center punch corners for rectangular
holes and center holes for fly cut or drilled holes.  It really worked out
nicely.
 
Ronnie

----- Original Message ----- 
From: Chuck  <mailto:cjensen@dts9000.com> Jensen 
To: 'reflector@tvbf.org' <mailto:'reflector@tvbf.org'>  
Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2003 2:30 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR:Panel Planner

Some time in the past, software for panel planning was mentioned but have
been unable to find the reference.  Anyone have a favorite, or one(s) to
avoid?
 
Chuck


------_=_NextPart_001_01C37593.7248EF50
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="windows-1252"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=windows-1252">


<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" name=GENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN class=437541522-07092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
size=2>Ronnie,</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=437541522-07092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=437541522-07092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>I saw 
the Panel Planner on the web and it sounded GREAT!&nbsp; I can't believe they 
would resort to&nbsp;over-selling and over-hyping a product....I'm 
shocked.&nbsp; Actually, with everything digitized and scaled and all, the Panel 
Planner idea seems like it should be a good one.&nbsp; Maybe execution wasn't as 
enthusiastically pursued as the prosecution.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=437541522-07092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=437541522-07092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>I 
think I'll give your cut-and-paste idea a try.&nbsp; Is there any chance you 
have the file for the Velo panel template that you'd share with a beggar that's 
just over the hills to your west?</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=437541522-07092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=437541522-07092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Chuck, 
in East Tennessee in weather ideally suited for IFR.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=437541522-07092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Tahoma><FONT size=2><SPAN class=437541522-07092003><FONT 
face=Arial color=#0000ff>&nbsp;</FONT></SPAN></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Tahoma><FONT size=2><SPAN 
class=437541522-07092003>&nbsp;</SPAN>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> 
reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of 
</B>Ronnie Brown<BR><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, September 07, 2003 4:56 
PM<BR><B>To:</B> reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:Panel 
Planner<BR><BR></DIV></FONT></FONT>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV><FONT size=2>I have heard several people say the Panel Planner 
  software&nbsp; ($199) is pretty lousy,&nbsp; Not very accurate information or 
  drawings.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2>There was an online panel planner but I can't find it 
  now.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2>I used Turbo Cad - there was a free version at their web 
  site - <A 
  href="http://www.imsisoft.com/free/">http://www.imsisoft.com/free/</A>&nbsp;.&nbsp; 
  </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2>I used a combination of info from Aircraft Spruce on 
  standard instrument sizes, manufacturer's literature on the internet, manuals, 
  brochures, for avionics, etc. sizes. I even downloaded color photos which I 
  was able to print out and stick to the panel.&nbsp; I was able to print out 
  very accurate layout drawings, in color to lay out over my blank panel to 
  practice with layouts, man/machine interface, ease of use, etc.&nbsp; Then I 
  used printouts of my final layouts, taped to the panel to center punch 
  corners&nbsp;for rectangular holes and center holes for fly cut or drilled 
  holes.&nbsp; It really worked out nicely.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2>Ronnie</FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr 
  style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
    <DIV 
    style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> 
    <A title=cjensen@dts9000.com href="mailto:cjensen@dts9000.com">Chuck 
    Jensen</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=reflector@tvbf.org 
    href="mailto:'reflector@tvbf.org'">'reflector@tvbf.org'</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, September 07, 2003 2:30 
    PM</DIV>
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Panel Planner</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV><SPAN class=406225417-07092003><FONT face=Arial size=2>Some time in the 
    past, software for panel planning was mentioned but have been unable to find 
    the reference.&nbsp; Anyone have a favorite, or one(s) to 
    avoid?</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
    <DIV><SPAN class=406225417-07092003><FONT face=Arial 
    size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><SPAN class=406225417-07092003><FONT face=Arial 
    size=2>Chuck</FONT></SPAN></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C37593.7248EF50--