REFLECTOR:Brake master cylinders, one new, one used.

Ronnie Brown reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 07:17:57 -0400


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C36F90.00FA8E20
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I don't know what these cylinders come from, but the NAPA/United part =
number is 39102. =20


  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: PUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com=20
  To: reflector@awpi.com ; support@velocityaircraft.com=20
  Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2003 1:19 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR:Brake master cylinders, one new, one used.


  I am in final assembly and check out and decided to activate the brake =
system for the first time today.  It was a frustrating day attempting to =
add brake fluid and bleed one side of the brake system.  It just =
wouldn't pump the fluid.  I finally pulled the master cylinder and found =
to be full of a crusty gunk, with a rusty spring.  A dirty mess.  I then =
pulled the other side to check it and found a new bright shiny interior. =
 I have no idea how this came about, it's a ten year old kit, =
(Velocity??).  In any case, I will need a new cylinder or rebuild this =
one, can someone tell me what Datsun model it's from?=20

  Thanks,=20
  Mel Bina  SDT  RG=20

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C36F90.00FA8E20
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I don't know what these&nbsp;cylinders come from, =
but the=20
NAPA/United part number is 39102.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DPUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:PUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com">PUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@awpi.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@awpi.com">reflector@awpi.com</A> ; <A=20
  title=3Dsupport@velocityaircraft.com=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:support@velocityaircraft.com">support@velocityaircraft.com=
</A>=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, August 31, 2003 =
1:19=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Brake master =

  cylinders, one new, one used.</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT size=3D2>I am in =
final assembly=20
  and check out and decided to activate the brake system for the first =
time=20
  today. &nbsp;It was a frustrating day attempting to add brake fluid =
and bleed=20
  one side of the brake system. &nbsp;It just wouldn't pump the fluid. =
&nbsp;I=20
  finally pulled the master cylinder and found to be full of a crusty =
gunk, with=20
  a rusty spring. &nbsp;A dirty mess. &nbsp;I then pulled the other side =
to=20
  check it and found a new bright shiny interior. &nbsp;I have no idea =
how this=20
  came about, it's a ten year old kit, (Velocity??). &nbsp;In any case, =
I will=20
  need a new cylinder or rebuild this one, can someone tell me what =
Datsun model=20
  it's from? <BR><BR>Thanks, <BR>Mel Bina &nbsp;SDT &nbsp;RG</FONT>=20
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C36F90.00FA8E20--