REFLECTOR:Brake master cylinders, one new, one used.

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 01:19:59 EDT


--part1_15c.233bb5b9.2c82df7f_boundary
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I am in final assembly and check out and decided to activate the brake system 
for the first time today.  It was a frustrating day attempting to add brake 
fluid and bleed one side of the brake system.  It just wouldn't pump the fluid. 
 I finally pulled the master cylinder and found to be full of a crusty gunk, 
with a rusty spring.  A dirty mess.  I then pulled the other side to check it 
and found a new bright shiny interior.  I have no idea how this came about, 
it's a ten year old kit, (Velocity??).  In any case, I will need a new cylinder 
or rebuild this one, can someone tell me what Datsun model it's from?

Thanks,
Mel Bina  SDT  RG

--part1_15c.233bb5b9.2c82df7f_boundary
Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2>I am in final assembly an=
d check out and decided to activate the brake system for the first time toda=
y. &nbsp;It was a frustrating day attempting to add brake fluid and bleed on=
e side of the brake system. &nbsp;It just wouldn't pump the fluid. &nbsp;I f=
inally pulled the master cylinder and found to be full of a crusty gunk, wit=
h a rusty spring. &nbsp;A dirty mess. &nbsp;I then pulled the other side to=20=
check it and found a new bright shiny interior. &nbsp;I have no idea how thi=
s came about, it's a ten year old kit, (Velocity??). &nbsp;In any case, I wi=
ll need a new cylinder or rebuild this one, can someone tell me what Datsun=20=
model it's from?
<BR>
<BR>Thanks,
<BR>Mel Bina &nbsp;SDT &nbsp;RG</FONT></HTML>

--part1_15c.233bb5b9.2c82df7f_boundary--