REFLECTOR:Re:Velocity Europe

Simon Aegerter reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 11:18:03 +0200


--============_-1151874577==_ma============
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" ; format="flowed"

I know, this is highly off topic - but I can't resist:

>Another "Reality Check" of how great our Country is.
>
you are absolutely right, Tom, and I just hope that you would keep it 
that way! but I am increasingly worried.

While I second everything you say about aviation, I see it 
differently for the rest of the daily life. The "Patriot Act" has 
turned "the land of the free" into "the land of the suspect". The 
TFRs are not merely a nuisance - they are a symptom. I think you 
should all remember Ben Franklins wisdom: "They that can give up 
essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither 
liberty nor safety."

Sorry for being blunt; I just happen to love your country too much to shut up.

Best
Simon
-- 
Simon Aegerter, Wollerau, Switzerland
--============_-1151874577==_ma============
Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<html><head><style type="text/css"><!--
blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style><title>Re: REFLECTOR:Re:Velocity
Europe</title></head><body>
<div>I know, this is highly off topic - but I can't resist:</div>
<div><br></div>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>Another &quot;Reality Check&quot; of how
great our Country is.</blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>&nbsp;</blockquote>
<div>you are absolutely right, Tom, and I just hope that you would
keep it that way! but I am increasingly worried.</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>While I second everything you say about aviation, I see it
differently for the rest of the daily life. The &quot;Patriot Act&quot;
has turned &quot;the land of the free&quot; into &quot;the land of the
suspect&quot;. The TFRs are not merely a nuisance - they are a
symptom. I think you should all remember Ben Franklins wisdom:<font
face="Helvetica" color="#000000"> &quot;They that can give up
essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither
liberty nor safety.&quot;</font></div>
<div><br></div>
<div>Sorry for being blunt; I just happen to love your country too
much to shut up.</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>Best</div>
<div>Simon</div>
<x-sigsep><pre>-- 
</pre></x-sigsep>
<div>Simon Aegerter, Wollerau, Switzerland</div>
</body>
</html>
--============_-1151874577==_ma============--