REFLECTOR:Completely off Topic Re:Velocity Europe

Greg Poole reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 19:50:32 +1000


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00CE_01C35D1D.294AAB60
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Re: REFLECTOR:Re:Velocity EuropeIf I can back Simon's words as an =
outside observer (and ally) of the US with a "rider"....be careful you =
don't get so enamoured with your country's situation and virtues that =
you lose sight of what is happening elsewhere.

.....When in the US, I never cease to be amazed at the preoccupation of =
the US media with what is happening within the US.....heck, in OZ =
generally a little under half our daily news bulletins is concerned with =
what is happening around the world.  (There's a heap more of different =
stuff to be discovered outside of the USA.)

- if you don't believe me, come on over and take a look!

Greg in Sydney

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Simon Aegerter=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 7:18 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Re:Velocity Europe


  I know, this is highly off topic - but I can't resist:


    Another "Reality Check" of how great our Country is.

  you are absolutely right, Tom, and I just hope that you would keep it =
that way! but I am increasingly worried.


  While I second everything you say about aviation, I see it differently =
for the rest of the daily life. The "Patriot Act" has turned "the land =
of the free" into "the land of the suspect". The TFRs are not merely a =
nuisance - they are a symptom. I think you should all remember Ben =
Franklins wisdom: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a =
little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."


  Sorry for being blunt; I just happen to love your country too much to =
shut up.


  Best
  Simon
--=20

  Simon Aegerter, Wollerau, Switzerland

------=_NextPart_000_00CE_01C35D1D.294AAB60
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Re: REFLECTOR:Re:Velocity Europe</TITLE>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE type=3Dtext/css>BLOCKQUOTE {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
DL {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
UL {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
OL {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
LI {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
</STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2719.2200" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"COLOR: #800000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>If I can back Simon's words as an outside observer (and ally) of =
the US=20
with a "rider"....be careful you don't get so enamoured with your =
country's=20
situation and virtues that you lose sight of what is happening =
elsewhere.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>.....When in the US, I never cease to be amazed at the =
preoccupation of the=20
US media with what is happening within the US.....heck, in OZ generally =
a little=20
under half our daily news bulletins is concerned with what is happening =
around=20
the world.&nbsp; (There's a heap more of different stuff&nbsp;to be =
discovered=20
outside of the USA.)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>- if you don't believe me, come on over and take a look!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Greg in Sydney</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #800000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dsimon@aegerter.net href=3D"mailto:simon@aegerter.net">Simon =

  Aegerter</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, August 07, 2003 =
7:18=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: =
REFLECTOR:Re:Velocity=20
  Europe</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>I know, this is highly off topic - but I can't resist:</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3D"" type=3D"cite">Another "Reality Check" of how =
great our=20
    Country is.</BLOCKQUOTE>
  <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3D"" type=3D"cite">&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
  <DIV>you are absolutely right, Tom, and I just hope that you would =
keep it=20
  that way! but I am increasingly worried.</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>While I second everything you say about aviation, I see it =
differently=20
  for the rest of the daily life. The "Patriot Act" has turned "the land =
of the=20
  free" into "the land of the suspect". The TFRs are not merely a =
nuisance -=20
  they are a symptom. I think you should all remember Ben Franklins =
wisdom:<FONT=20
  face=3DHelvetica color=3D#000000> "They that can give up essential =
liberty to=20
  obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor=20
  safety."</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Sorry for being blunt; I just happen to love your country too =
much to=20
  shut up.</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Best</DIV>
  <DIV>Simon</DIV><X-SIGSEP><PRE>--=20
</PRE></X-SIGSEP>
  <DIV>Simon Aegerter, Wollerau, =
Switzerland</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00CE_01C35D1D.294AAB60--