REFLECTOR:Re:Velocity Europe

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:30:13 -0600


TEC I completely agree.  God bless America and man am I glad I was born 
here!  I've done a bit of traveling off the continent(North American 
that is) and visited some fine places, but nary a one I wanted to put 
down roots in.

The Socialist's have taken over most of Europe, as witnessed by the 
whole Iraq thing...  I think Greg P. lives in the only other Democracy 
on the planet.

I get in my Velocity, fly a 1,000 miles and I don't have to tell a soul, 
or get permission from anybody but my self, least of all some government 
looser....  Course ya gota watch out for those dang moving TFR's!!!

Its fantastic.

Scott

HYTEC45@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/6/03 12:36:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time, 
> baker.k@comcast.net writes:
> 
> Milt
> 
>><>We have very strong regulations under Far 23 in most countries of
>><>Europe:
>><>
>><>One of them is noise-level.   Therefore we have to install
>><sophisticated
>><>exhaust-systems with silencers.
> 
> 
> Another "Reality Check" of how great our Country is.
>   
> A few years ago I was flying my Velocity back form Oshkosh with my son asleep 
> in the back seat.  I was in the middle of a 3.5 hr. leg @10K with "George" 
> doing the flying in the middle of nowhere (not important) when I had a reality 
> check.  I thought how fortunate I was to be able to build my own aircraft at 
> home with little hassle from our government, fly said aircraft almost anywhere 
> with little hassle from our government, and be able to earn the means to do it. 
>  That led into the realization that usually most of my problems a lot of 
> others wish they had, and how selfish we sometimes are.  
> 
> Excuse me for saying overseas Velocity Brothers and Sisters (Love ya all and 
> host you in a second); but.
> 
> Could you imagine having to hand the keys to your new Velocity over to some 
> Government "test pilot" to do the first flight and flight testing.  What is the 
> big deal with "noise" in Europe?  How many private aircraft are there flying 
> around to create such noise?  Seems like just another road block to prevent 
> private aircraft ownership and keep the peasants out of the Kings air.  I've 
> been to the Paris Airshow.  There is little general aviation, and they surly 
> don't know how to put on an air show.  The most exciting thing to do is to watch 
> the Russian ejection seat demo (they don't do it every year though).
> 
> There is a lot of Government bashing going on by people (including me 
> sometimes) and we gripe about our aircraft taxes, if any, but we are fortunate to 
> live in the USA.  However; I still don't buy the "I'm form the Government and 
> here to help you" crap.
> 
> TEC
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose
>