REFLECTOR: Picture held up
Scott Derrick
reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 01 Aug 2003 18:29:06 -0600
I'm not the list admin( and don't want the job!) but here's my $0.02 worth.
The problem(if its setup like my list server) is that the 60k limit is
the whole message, not just the attachment. So a rule of thumb is to
allow 10K for the message and the rest for the attachment. Reduce the
images size in photo shop or Dream Weaver or what ever image software
you are using to 50K and try again.
Scott
Phil Hooper wrote:
> Brian, I’m trying to post a message with an attached JPEG that is 58k in
> size and it is not showing up. Outlook reports it as 58k, Windows says
> it is 56,022 bytes. So this is under the 60k rule and it is still being
> rejected. Can you check the actual setting? Thanks.
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of Brian Michalk
> Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 9:15 AM
> To: reflector@tvbf.org
> Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Picture held up
>
>
>
> The setting is 60KB, but I'm not sure how the internal software counts
> that. It may be 61440 bytes, or 60000 bytes.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
> Behalf Of Doug Kanczuzewski
> Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 10:13 AM
> To: reflector@tvbf.org
> Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Picture held up
>
> I have the same problem with pictures. Every time I add them it gets
> held up, even if I am under the 60kb rule it still say’s I am over.
> Otherwise you guy’s would have heard and seen the first flight of
> N77LY back on the 25th. Still waiting for approval on my post.
>
> Doug K
>