[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: REFLECTOR: Door Trim Sealing



Hi Dave and other Reflectorites:
   The noise level of our XL RG was measured at 86 db.  I don't know where 
the 95 db comes from but not from our airplane.  The SUV with absolutely NO 
soundproof material measured at 91 db at 4500 density altitude.
   Duane

-----Original Message-----
From:	Dave Black [SMTP:asterisk@erols.com]
Sent:	Monday, July 26, 1999 8:56 AM
To:	reflector@awpi.com; Jack & Marilou
Subject:	Re: REFLECTOR: Door Trim Sealing

Jack & Marilou,

> I, also, am interested in keeping the noise level as low as possible and 
am
> concerned about the door seals.


To the best of my knowledge, the interior of a Velocity at cruise is going 
to
be extremely close to 100 dB. By careful sealing and by adding heavy
soundproofing foam you might get it as low as 95 dB. But this comes at
considerable loss of payload as well as checkbook contents.

Since I plan to use headphones anyway, I simply chose some very nice,
comfortable and quiet ones and decided not to worry about the cabin noise.

Would this make any sense for you?

Best,
Dave Black