[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: REFLECTOR: Door Trim Sealing
Scott,
> The noise level of our XL RG was measured at 86 db. I don't know where
> the 95 db comes from but not from our airplane. The SUV with absolutely NO
> soundproof material measured at 91 db at 4500 density altitude.
That's the "A" scale measurement I made a couple years ago in your multicolor
at cruise about 2000 feet. I can't guarantee the accuracy of the Radio Shack
noise meter I used. The Beechcraft Bonanza measured a day earlier showed a
noise figure 4dB higher. The un-soundproofed Velocity definitely sounded
quieter than the Bonanza. Certainly none of these measurements were made to
laboratory standards, but they do provide some basis for comparison.
I also measured Wim Huisman's heavily soundproofed Elite. To me the extra cost
and weight of the soundproofing probably is not worth it for the comparatively
minor improvement. But the main point I was making is that since I plan to use
headphones anyway, I'll just skip the soundproofing.
Everything in aviation is a tradeoff. You pay your money and you make your
choice.
Best,
Dave Black