[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Speed Brake Installation
> I finished installing the speed brake by the manual.
>
> I think the speed brake should be completely closed when the actuator is
> completely retracted.
> However, in my case, the speed brake is closed when the actuator is
> extended about 1 inch.
>
I had the same problem, and it's a sticky situation to solve
because there's really no way to measure directly what your
offset will be.
I fabricated a new Aluminum channel that was taller than normal.
I made it out of 1"X2" aluminum tubing I think. Then I just drilled
a lot of holes in it, figuring that one of the holes would match up
to the length I needed. It looks something like this:
| * |
| * |
| * |
| * |
| * |
| * |
--------
You can make it into a triangle shape and lose a little more weight.
--
Brian Michalk <http://www.awpi.com/michalk>
Life is what you make of it ... never wish you had done something.
Aviator, experimental aircraft builder, motorcyclist, SCUBA diver
musician, home-brewer, entrepenuer and SINGLE!