REFLECTOR: Shutting Down the Reflector

Brian Michalk via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Fri Feb 26 15:58:13 CST 2016


No rush.  I have all the files, and the server is not going to go away.  
The internet services are going to change, and I'm not planning to 
migrate the site, unless someone really, really wants tvbf.org to stay 
up.  An by "to stay up", I mean to sponsor a server somewhere like 
a2hosting.com for $60/year.


On 02/26/2016 03:48 PM, Reiff Lorenz via Reflector wrote:
> >>Could we convert the Reflector messages ...? This would keep the 
> history available.<<
>
> I'll work with Brian and Brett to see if there is a way to host all 
> the archived Reflector threads on the Wiki or VOBA site. I'd hate to 
> lose all that history.
>
> I'm traveling this week, but will be home Sunday. We'll try to have 
> something in place within 60 days.
>
> Reiff
>
> Sent from my phone; please excuse the brevity.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> From: n614cd at gmail.com via Reflector <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: ‎2/‎26/‎2016 11:12 AM
> To: Brian Michalk via Reflector <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Shutting Down the Reflector
>
> Brian,
>
>
> Could we convert the Reflector messages to something that VOBA can 
> injest? This would keep the history available.
>
>
> Tim
>
>
> ------ Original message------
>
> *From: *Brian Michalk via Reflector
>
> Date: Fri, Feb 26, 2016 10:41
>
> *To: *reflector at tvbf.org <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>;
>
> *Cc: *
>
> *Subject:*REFLECTOR: Shutting Down the Reflector
>
>
> Ever since the VOBA site became active, the Reflector has seen less and less traffic.  I think it's time that the Reflector list is retired.  I make this decision, because I need to to a site migration, and moving the system to a different server seems pointless.  Don't read anything emotional into this.  I'm not bitter or attached to the old Reflector.  It's just that all of the networking value is now on the VOBA forum.I plan to retire the tvbf site in about 60 days.  I have backups in mbox format, and will retain those.  The server itself will stay up, but access to the !
>   old fixed IP will be changing.  If anyone needs any files, I will always be able to producethem.Th  <http://them.Th>e biggest impact will probably be the Google searches that lead to the TVBF domain, and that's not a very big issue, in my opinion._______________________________________________To change your email address, visithttp://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflectorVisit  the gallery!www.tvbf.org/galleryuser:pw  <http://www.tvbf.org/galleryuser:pw>  = tvbf:jamaicangooseCheck new archives:www.tvbf.org/pipermailCheck  <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermailCheck>  old archives:http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20160226/224ea819/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list