REFLECTOR: Vibration.
John Dibble
aminetech at bluefrog.com
Fri May 9 08:29:00 CDT 2014
I have a spare set of blades if you want to see what good tracking
blades will do.
John
On 5/9/2014 12:18 AM, Kurt Winker wrote:
> Looking for input. Engine ran fine w-out the prop. Started it with the
> prop....wicked vibration.
> Took prop off.. Vibration gone.
> Sent prop back to IVO....1-blade was 1-gram out of balance. They
> corrected & returned.
> Since I noticed that, when viewed from the side, the blade disk
> tracking seemed to move for & aft when you looked at the top of the disk.
> When I got the blades back, I reassembled & reinstalled. Then I
> checked the blade tracking. Was off a tad, and I corrected that. Also
> checked the blade angle with a protractor, and all seemed good.
> Looking for things to check.
> Engine: 4.3l- V6 90-degree engine...
> Belt drive reduction unit: 1.7:1 ratio.
> 76"- 3-blade.
>
> The fact that the blade track for-aft seems to change, really gets my
> attention.
> Changing RPM doesn't help...the vibration increases in frequency with
> rpm, but no better or worse.
> Changing the prop pitch has no effect.
>
> All else is well.... Hope I can figure this part out.
>
> View from the side: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr-KLXgco38.
>
>
> Kurt
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140509/c63ca621/attachment-0001.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list