REFLECTOR: Source for oil door parts
Randy Monzelowsky
randy at dakotacaulking.com
Mon Mar 31 16:12:33 CDT 2014
Anyone looking for Hartwell Latches:
> I've got some"new-unused-surplus" latches I'll sell for $15/ea. w/free shipping(cont.US)
> Hartwell H-5000-2
> .064---.064
>
> And I've also got 2(two)
> Hartwell H-5100-2
> .102---.156
> these units are the heavy duty version
>
> Randy C. Monzelowsky 97VE
> Randy at DakotaCaulking.com
Sent from my iPad
> On Mar 31, 2014, at 2:02 PM, "Jorge Bujanda" <webadmin at jbujanda.com> wrote:
>
> Hartwell Latch (H-5000)
> eBay $12 - $20
> Spruce $48
> Wicks $48
>
> Regards,
> Jorge
>
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Peter Braswell
> Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 11:22 AM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Source for oil door parts
>
> Guys,
> Thanks a bunch! Don, I like your 'D' shaped door. I'm going to completely steal that! :)
>
> I ended up doing a bit more searching and I found a latch from Wicks. Still scratching my head why AS&S doesn't carry them, but whatever!
>
> Best,
> -Peter
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> SUDO Labs | Zuluworks.com | ThreePoint.io | CheckRide.io
> "It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com
> Cell: 804.690.5896
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Reiff Lorenz <Reiff at lorenz.com> wrote:
>
> Peter,
>
> I had the same issue that you did. The manual didn't specify what hardware to use and AS&S didn't have anything.
>
> I did much of my training in a Piper Archer, which used a flush-mounted button to open the oil door. I liked this, so decided to use the same thing on my XL.
>
> Search for:
> Piper Oil Door Latch 472-017
>
> I found mine on Ebay for $40 plus shipping. This site has them for $42:
> http://www.chaparralparts.com/servlet/the-3/472-dsh-017-Piper-oil-door/Detail
>
>
> It looks like this, when finished. (Hopefully you'll have a cleaner cowl than this.)
> <image001.jpg>
>
> You can also mount them in pairs if you want a larger access panel:
> <image002.jpg>
>
>
> Hope this helps!
>
>
> Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
> Velocity XL-RG, 54% complete
> Currently working on: Exhaust routing, still!
> Maybe I should have stayed with factory's design. :-(
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Peter Braswell
> Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 11:23 AM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Source for oil door parts
>
> Hi All,
> Can anybody shoot me a link to what they're using for the oil door latch? The manual indicates that the builder is to source this part. A quick search on AS&S wasn't fruitful.
>
> Best,
> Peter
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> SUDO Labs | Zuluworks.com | ThreePoint.io | CheckRide.io
> "It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com
> Cell: 804.690.5896
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
>
> This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140331/83de7368/attachment-0001.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list