REFLECTOR: Source for oil door parts
Jorge Bujanda
webadmin at jbujanda.com
Mon Mar 31 14:02:41 CDT 2014
Hartwell Latch (H-5000)
eBay $12 - $20
Spruce $48
Wicks $48
Regards,
Jorge
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Peter Braswell
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 11:22 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Source for oil door parts
Guys,
Thanks a bunch! Don, I like your 'D' shaped door. I'm going to completely
steal that! :)
I ended up doing a bit more searching and I found a latch from Wicks. Still
scratching my head why AS&S doesn't carry them, but whatever!
Best,
-Peter
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUDO Labs | Zuluworks.com | ThreePoint.io | CheckRide.io
"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com
Cell: 804.690.5896
------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Reiff Lorenz <Reiff at lorenz.com> wrote:
Peter,
I had the same issue that you did. The manual didn't specify what hardware
to use and AS&S didn't have anything.
I did much of my training in a Piper Archer, which used a flush-mounted
button to open the oil door. I liked this, so decided to use the same thing
on my XL.
Search for:
Piper Oil Door Latch 472-017
I found mine on Ebay for $40 plus shipping. This site has them for $42:
http://www.chaparralparts.com/servlet/the-3/472-dsh-017-Piper-oil-door/Detai
l
It looks like this, when finished. (Hopefully you'll have a cleaner cowl
than this.)
<http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=UUu-F
da9wsH6IM&tbnid=VaqN-5zyRfMAUM:&ved=0CAgQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thejoyofav
iation.com%2F&ei=l6s5U7D-CtStsQSbwIDQDQ&psig=AFQjCNE_4BfC63FmurDH0oXMDou14U_
GDw&ust=1396374807247641>
http://www.thejoyofaviation.com/wp-content/pictures/oil-door-streaks.jpg
You can also mount them in pairs if you want a larger access panel:
<http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=40drp
liwIkXzFM&tbnid=JkkCLts07dQThM:&ved=0CAgQjRw4Gg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.matroni
cs.com%2Farchive%2Farchive-get.cgi%3FRV-Archive.digest.vol-rr&ei=Oqs5U9XVI4m
ksQSCz4C4Dg&psig=AFQjCNF9r10xogALtONCWqVycBKB_7UB8Q&ust=1396374714641285>
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR43S7AqkR5iosxPzokTCLCExmF1gpMwLSiE
uAo79KF64lF_97V
Hope this helps!
Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 54% complete
Currently working on: Exhaust routing, still!
Maybe I should have stayed with factory's design. :-(
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Peter Braswell
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 11:23 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Source for oil door parts
Hi All,
Can anybody shoot me a link to what they're using for the oil door latch?
The manual indicates that the builder is to source this part. A quick
search on AS&S wasn't fruitful.
Best,
Peter
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUDO Labs | Zuluworks.com | ThreePoint.io | CheckRide.io
"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com
Cell: 804.690.5896
------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140331/d198c7a8/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image001.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 10742 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140331/d198c7a8/attachment-0002.jpg>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image002.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 10751 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140331/d198c7a8/attachment-0003.jpg>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list