REFLECTOR: Alan Shaw
David Ullman
ullman at robustdecisions.com
Sun Jun 1 19:40:22 CDT 2014
Tried Wingco.com, heard he was on a houseboat. Neither led to him. Even if the project is dead, the remains are somewhere (maybe) and what he learned is valuable. Still trying to get in touch with him.
David Ullman
541-760-2338
david at davidullman.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Reflector [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of reflector-request at tvbf.org
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2014 3:51 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Reflector Digest, Vol 111, Issue 1
Send Reflector mailing list submissions to
reflector at tvbf.org
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
reflector-request at tvbf.org
You can reach the person managing the list at
reflector-owner at tvbf.org
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of Reflector digest..."
Today's Topics:
1. Re: Alan Shaw (Dave Philipsen)
2. Re: Alan Shaw (Don Johnston)
3. Velocity News Summer 2014 Issue available (Reiff Lorenz)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message: 1
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 12:25:48 -0500
From: Dave Philipsen <velocity at davebiz.com>
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Alan Shaw
Message-ID: <538A109C.4020305 at davebiz.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Have you tried www.wingco.com ?
Dave Philipsen
Velocity STD FG
N83DP
On 5/31/2014 11:57 AM, David Ullman wrote:
> I would like to get in touch with Alan Shaw to learn more about his
> Wingco effort, especially the Atlantica. I have tried to find him,
> even Scott Swing has talked with him in a couple of years and dint
> know how to get in touch with him. I know the Atlantica crashed on
> its maiden flight, but would like to find out if it still exists. As
> I built my velocity I wondered why it was not more of a BWB (Blended
> Wing Body) and it appears Alan thought that at least ten years before
> I did. I want to build something similar and would like to learn as much as possible from him.
>
> Any ideas how to find him?
>
>
> David Ullman
> 541-760-2338
> ullman at davidullman.com
> www.davidullman.com
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
------------------------------
Message: 2
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 12:49:42 -0500
From: Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Alan Shaw
Message-ID:
<CALD29ioTCdvKu+qbW_vKG8f+CrCxQr+yLGQYsie1o3DhU_4DYw at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
The Alantica project is dead.
Last I heard, Alan was living on a 25' boat in Melbourne Harbor.
On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 11:57 AM, David Ullman <ullman at robustdecisions.com>
wrote:
> I would like to get in touch with Alan Shaw to learn more about his
> Wingco effort, especially the Atlantica. I have tried to find him,
> even Scott Swing has talked with him in a couple of years and dint
> know how to get in touch with him. I know the Atlantica crashed on
> its maiden flight, but would like to find out if it still exists. As
> I built my velocity I wondered why it was not more of a BWB (Blended
> Wing Body) and it appears Alan thought that at least ten years before
> I did. I want to build something similar and would like to learn as much as possible from him.
>
> Any ideas how to find him?
>
>
> David Ullman
> 541-760-2338
> ullman at davidullman.com
> www.davidullman.com
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140531/d4ca5fae/attachment-0001.html>
------------------------------
Message: 3
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 12:16:00 -0400
From: Reiff Lorenz <Reiff at Lorenz.com>
To: "reflector at tvbf.org" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: REFLECTOR: Velocity News Summer 2014 Issue available
Message-ID:
<BFD8FEA9F3C5194597CF740E290D0DFA2243CFC9BD at tlc10.lorenz.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
[cid:image003.jpg at 01CF7D93.40362AF0]<http://velocityowners.com/>
The summer 2014 edition of Velocity News is now available!
Find out about the plans for a 6-seater, the twin with winglets, Boeing's renewed interest, how fast is a Velocity, transition training, running lean of peak, runway length (size does matter!), better clamps and pins, and what the cool kids are wearing in Argentina these days. Plus, plenty of pictures from the spring fly-ins and the latest builder updates.
A big thanks to all of our contributors: Stephen Lewis, Duane Swing, Alec Rhodius, John Abraham, James Traynor, Jorge Bujanda, and Don Johnston.
Log in to the VOBA web site to download it now!
http://velocityowners.com/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140601/7259beb8/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image003.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 19792 bytes
Desc: image003.jpg
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20140601/7259beb8/attachment.jpg>
------------------------------
Subject: Digest Footer
_______________________________________________
Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
------------------------------
End of Reflector Digest, Vol 111, Issue 1
*****************************************
More information about the Reflector
mailing list