REFLECTOR: Noise in the Cockpit
Kurt Winker
nmflyer1 at aol.com
Wed Sep 25 22:52:48 CDT 2013
Thought. Isolate the problem..
Do you have access to a handheld radio?
Can you plug it into your antenna(s)?
If you can, then plug it into your headset. Check it with the aircraft antenna, and the "rubber duckie"
This may provide info to at least see if it is bleeding through the antenna leads, or radio specific...etc.
seems like you need a bit more data to isolate then solve the problem.
Also, does it happen always, or does it go away when you get a decent distance away from base.
Reason I ask is, we have a similar issue here at Mid Valley. Only happened on some radios.
Turns out, it is a bleed overpower problem from a local antenna. Took years to figure that out.
Isolate...then solve...
Kurt.
Sent from my iPad
On Sep 25, 2013, at 21:37, velocityxl <velocityxl at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
>
> Yes I have squelch . The hisssssss gets so load I can barly here the atis or the tower.
>
>
> Sent from Ron's Samsung tablet
>
>
>
> -------- Original message --------
> From: Laurence Coen <lwcoen at hotmail.com>
> Date: 09/25/2013 11:14 AM (GMT-06:00)
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Noise in the Cockpit
>
>
> Ron,
>
> Doesn't your intercom have squelch? If it does then you shouldn't hear any
> noise from the mike. I flew my plane with no interior for some time and
> expected it to be a lot quieter with upholstery. I used cloth over 1/4"
> foam. The effect on the noise level was disappointing. I used a sound
> level meter to measure the difference with and without upholstery and there
> was only a 2db drop. Hardly enough to even notice.
>
> Your mileage may vary.
>
> Larry Coen
> N136LC
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> From: "Ron N VelocityXLFG" <velocityxl at fastmail.fm>
> Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:36 AM
> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Noise in the Cockpit
>
> > My plane is quite noisy . The noise is a loud hissssssss that increases
> > as engine Rpm increases. The sound seems to be coming
> > from the mic. I have done some testing and the best Solution I have been
> > told is to get
> > the Oregon Aero Mic covers.
> >
> > I do not have a full interior in my plane yet so the question of the day
> > is does the cloth
> > interior help a lot to reduce cabin noise. I was going to paint the
> > interior but if the
> > cloth interior quiets it down may be I will go with the cloth interior.
> >
> > I do have noise canceling head sets not the best but do work well in other
> > airplanes I have flown in.
> >
> > Ron
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
> > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130925/eb121986/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list