REFLECTOR: Nose Gear Door Tabs
John Dibble
aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sat Sep 21 15:21:31 CDT 2013
Seems like that should be good. You'll be attaching them with more bid
later. You could always add more bid to the outsides.
John
On 9/21/2013 2:53 PM, Clayton Chase wrote:
> Does anybody remember making their nose gear door tabs?
> The manual says they should be made from "two layers of TRIAX, 5 plies
> of BID or trimmings from any lay-up between 1/16" and 1/8" thick"
>
> Is that three options:
> A: two layers of triax
> B: 5 plies of bid
> C: any trimming between 1/16" and 1/8"
>
> Or is that two options:
> A: two layers of triax PLUS 5 plies of bid
> B: any trimming between 1/16" and 1/8"
>
> I did 7 layers of bid and it came out at about 3/64" thick, about
> 1/32" less than their 'scrap' requirements. I did do mine in a
> vacuum bag so it's about as thin as it could be, but I don't know if I
> need to re-do it with the triax or if it's good enough as is.
>
> Anybody have any opinions?
>
> Clay
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130921/17c4de66/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list