REFLECTOR: Another Step

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 15 13:54:38 CDT 2013


I have my holder about 1/16" from the slip rings.  The threaded rod that the brush holder is mounted on is mounted on the other end in a slotted bracket so I can adjust it.  There is enough give in the mount so I can spring the brush holder away from the hub slightly and see that the brushes remain in contact with the slip rings.  This is my preflight test to make sure that the brushes aren't worn to far for the next flight.

Larry Coen


From: Kurt Winker 
Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2013 12:41 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Another Step


Larry, 


Thanks. Fabbing my coil mount now. How far away from the contact rings is the edge of your brush holder housing? 


Kurt

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 15, 2013, at 11:24, "Laurence Coen" <lwcoen at hotmail.com> wrote:


  Kurt,

  I know John had problems with his brushes but I am using the IVO supplied ones without problems for over six years.

  Larry Coen
  N136LC


  From: John Dibble 
  Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2013 7:21 AM
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Another Step


  On 9/14/2013 10:45 PM, nmflyer1 at aol.com wrote:

    Feels like I accomplished something today. Got the 76" 3-blade Constant speed Ivo Magnum installed & torqued. Then set the re-drive belt play. Now, have to Fab. an adapter to hold the brushes & pickup coil. 

    Onward!

    Kurt 

     

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.htmlThe brushes IVO supplies are small for the amount of current needed.  I recommend you get larger, copper-containing brushes.  Alternatively you might consider my non-brush modification that's working very well.

  John



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 
  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130915/f5c3960e/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list