REFLECTOR: nose gear retract.
David Rene Dugas
renedugas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 07:15:41 CST 2013
Jim,
I agree the most likely is a loose jam nut at the cylinder rod end and it has backed out or pressure issue. Other concerns include pivot bolt sheered off at one end, broken taco weld with bent pivot bolt, cylinder attach point to airframe loose or cracked.
Good luck.
René Dugas
Apple the REALLY smart phone.
> On Nov 19, 2013, at 1:42 PM, "Jim & Sharon Beck" <jsbeck618 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I was working on an oil cooler clearence on my 173 RG and when retracting the gear noticed that the door was notclosing completely, about 1/4 to1/2 inch open on one side, the gearwas not retracting far enough and holding the door open,
> reaching in from the top it is ver easy to pull the gear up a lille farther and the door closes. the gear pulls up another 2 to 3 inches. This has never been a problem before on other retract tests and I have been flying it almost 9 years.
> I did not build it and have never had to work on the nose gear retract before.
> Does anyone have any ideas on what could cause this to happen? the gear is solid and does not seem to have any looseness when I try to shake it. Have never had any shimmy problems. only 1 landing last spring I stalled the canard a bit too high.
>
> Thank you for any Ideas you may have.
>
> Jim
> N29RP 173E RG IO360/electric MT 460 hrs
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list