REFLECTOR: nose gear retract.

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Nov 19 17:59:17 CST 2013


Check that the locking nut hasn't loosened where the linkage connects to 
the cylinder rod.  Maybe you just need to adjust it.

John

On 11/19/2013 1:42 PM, Jim & Sharon Beck wrote:
> I was working on an oil cooler clearence on my 173 RG and when 
> retracting the gear noticed that the door was notclosing completely,  
> about 1/4 to1/2 inch open on one side,  the gearwas not retracting far 
> enough and holding the door open,
> reaching in from the top it is ver easy to pull the gear up a lille 
> farther and the door closes.  the gear pulls up another 2  to 3 
> inches.   This has never been a problem before on other retract tests 
> and I have been flying it almost 9 years.
> I did not build it and have never had to work on the nose gear retract 
> before.
> Does anyone have any ideas on what could cause this to happen? the 
> gear is solid and does not seem to have any looseness when I try to 
> shake it. Have never had any shimmy problems.  only 1 landing last 
> spring I stalled the canard a bit too high.
> Thank you for any Ideas you may have.
> Jim
> N29RP 173E RG  IO360/electric MT  460 hrs
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131119/0048f74e/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list