REFLECTOR: trim motor control
John Tvedte
johnt at comp-sol.com
Wed Nov 6 13:33:36 CST 2013
Here's an example - that might be of interest...
http://www.tcwtech.com/safety_trim.html
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Don Johnston
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 12:22 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: trim motor control
I'm in the process of wiring the trim motors and I've been wondering about something for a while:
The trim motors are 24v motors. It is my understanding that the choice of a 24v motor on a 12v electrical system was done to have the motor run at a slower speed than an appropriately rated motor would. And that this allows better trim control. I don't know if this is accurate, it's just something that I heard.
My issue is that I have a 24v electrical system. I've looked for 48v versions of the trim motors but they were either unavailable or way too expensive.
So I'm looking at a 28v-14v step-down converter.
But before I pull the trigger on that purchase, I was wondering if:
1) My understanding of the 24v motor on a 12v electrical system was correct.
2) If anyone has come up with an alternative to slowing down the motor speed which would save me from installing a step-down converter.
Thanks,
Don
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20131106/ca8c5ba8/attachment-0001.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list