REFLECTOR: Boost fuel pump switch

John Franks jfranks45 at gmail.com
Mon May 27 17:41:33 CDT 2013


Here's one variety.
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=61790


On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net> wrote:

> This is a minor thing, but then again, it all about the minor things,
> right?
>
> I'm starting on the wiring and I'm looking at the fuel boost pump. It's
> got a high and low setting. Usually controlled with a standard SP3T switch
> (ON-OFF-ON) with down = low, middle = off and up = high.
>
> I would like to have my switch so that down = off, middle = low  and up =
> high. My logic (flawed as it may be) is that I would like to visually and
> tactically verify that everything is off by having all the switches in the
> same position (down).
>
> This would typically be accomplished with a progressive switch. However
> with a progressive switch the line which is "low" is switched on in the
> middle AND up position. I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram for
> the Dukes pump, but I'm guessing when "high" boost is needed, only the high
> line should be switched on. Not the high AND low.
>
> Does anyone know if such a switch exists that would accomplish this goal?
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130527/f824a3da/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list