REFLECTOR: Boost fuel pump switch
Don Johnston
numa at comcast.net
Mon May 27 17:18:13 CDT 2013
This is a minor thing, but then again, it all about the minor things, right?
I'm starting on the wiring and I'm looking at the fuel boost pump. It's got
a high and low setting. Usually controlled with a standard SP3T switch
(ON-OFF-ON) with down = low, middle = off and up = high.
I would like to have my switch so that down = off, middle = low and up =
high. My logic (flawed as it may be) is that I would like to visually and
tactically verify that everything is off by having all the switches in the
same position (down).
This would typically be accomplished with a progressive switch. However
with a progressive switch the line which is "low" is switched on in the
middle AND up position. I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram for
the Dukes pump, but I'm guessing when "high" boost is needed, only the high
line should be switched on. Not the high AND low.
Does anyone know if such a switch exists that would accomplish this goal?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130527/28e0993a/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list