REFLECTOR: Second First Flight Today

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Mar 25 08:51:27 CDT 2013


Excellent Brian.  What a great show of courage and determination!

While you shouldn't get engine gases into the cockpit and will 
eventually need to close those holes up, at this time it is a good way 
to "sense" whats happening back there.

Scott


-------- Original Message --------
Subject: REFLECTOR: Second First Flight Today
From: Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: 03/24/2013 10:01 PM

> Four years ago, I had my first flight on March 28th, which ended up in a
> cornfield due to an engine out.
>
> Today, I had my second first flight.  I've been battling a list of
> squawks, and finally got most of them ironed out.  I made two flights
> today, with the first one cut short because of high CHT's. I landed and
> discovered a disconnected colling duct to the plenum. I fixed that, and
> went for a second flight.  I cut that one short because I thought the
> smell of smoke was getting stronger.  I think there's some RTV and other
> materials that are just outgassing, and will make odors until they are
> good and baked.  After that flight, I was just too tired to go up again,
> and called it a day.
>
> I still have some issues to address, but the important thing is that now
> I can actually begin working the flight tests.  I think I'll change my
> sig to test pilot now.
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>

-- 
One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null 
word.”
Robert A. Heinlein




More information about the Reflector mailing list