REFLECTOR: Second First Flight Today

Grover McNair grover at mcnairperformance.com
Mon Mar 25 08:33:28 CDT 2013


Way to go Brian! I'm sure you will check everything out carefully before the
next flight. Good luck!
Grover McNair

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Brian Michalk
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 12:01 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Second First Flight Today

Four years ago, I had my first flight on March 28th, which ended up in a 
cornfield due to an engine out.

Today, I had my second first flight.  I've been battling a list of 
squawks, and finally got most of them ironed out.  I made two flights 
today, with the first one cut short because of high CHT's. I landed and 
discovered a disconnected colling duct to the plenum. I fixed that, and 
went for a second flight.  I cut that one short because I thought the 
smell of smoke was getting stronger.  I think there's some RTV and other 
materials that are just outgassing, and will make odors until they are 
good and baked.  After that flight, I was just too tired to go up again, 
and called it a day.

I still have some issues to address, but the important thing is that now 
I can actually begin working the flight tests.  I think I'll change my 
sig to test pilot now.
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list