REFLECTOR: Avionics bus switch

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Tue Mar 19 09:43:14 CDT 2013


I have mine powered from my Vertical Power unit, and their always on
during startup....



--
Brett Ferrell
reflector at velocityxl.com







On Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 08:37 PM, Don Johnston wrote:

Because of institutional memory, OWT, etc. I'm trying to decide how to
handle the avionics bus.



Since the first day I sat in an airplane, I've always been told to
never turn on the avionics until the engine is running lest to fry all
the expensive, delicate, precious electronic devices.  Then again, I
was also told to never run LOP, land without flaps, or taxi faster than
an 80-year-old man can walk. :-)



Since I'm going to have all the engine info on GRT displays, there is
no way to see the actual engine information unless the avionics are on
before engine start.



So how are you guys getting engine info in a pure electronic panel
environment? Separate, clean, protected bus for avionics? Ignore it
since it's an OWT?  So other solution?



-Don





_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit
[1]http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector



Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail

Check old archives:
[2]http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

References

1. http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
2. http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20130319/c7c2e893/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list